When I was younger, I started watching the TV show House M.D., and I really liked it. At some point my mom asked me if I was more sarcastic since I started watching the show. I said of course not, I've always been extremely sarcastic.
I was wrong. Watching House made being sarcastic cool.
Using Twitter makes being snarky and not putting thought into things cool. So I'm quitting Twitter. I'm already snarky and not-thoughtful enough, I don't need something to incentivize it for me.
I'll miss Twitter. Strange as it is to say, I've made many friends via Twitter, I've exposed myself to new perspectives, and I've laughed until it hurt. It's not worth it though.
If you still want to chat with me, or, for some unknown reason, hear what I have to say, you can join ##alex_gaynor on freenode, follow this blog, or email me at email@example.com.You can find the rest here. There are view comments.
Now that the decades almost over (or maybe not, if the millennium started in 2001 did the decade start then as well?), it's time for a little year in review:
- Finished another year of school, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Went to PyCon, attended the language summit, gave a talk, had a blast.
- Got an iMac.
- Went to DjangoCon.eu, gave a talk, had a blast.
- Went to PyOhio, gave a talk, had a blast (starting to sense a trend?).
- Did GSOC again, this time working on a refactor of some of the ORM infrastructure for Django with an eye towards adding support for non-relational databases. It went pretty well, haven't started the merging yet though.
- Went to a conference on education, gave a talk, had a blast.
- Went to DjangoCon, wait for it... gave a talk, had a blast.
- Turned 20.
- Became a Django core developer.
- Increased my contributions to PyPy.
- Participated in the PyCon program committee.
- Said thank you to a few people who were absurdly deserving of it.
- Utterly failed at my attempt to blog once a week for a year, and then failed again at National Blog Post Month (aka NAMBLA).
I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of stuff, that's ok, it was a pretty good year either way. No predictions for 2011, just a hope that it'll kick some ass.You can find the rest here. There are view comments.
It's November again, and that means National Blog Post Month (or NAMBLA), and it's also the second anniversary of me having a blog. Once again I'm going to be making an effort to blog post every day, as you can tell I'm off to a great start with this post, Murphy willing the content will improve as the month goes on.You can find the rest here. There are view comments.
Welcome to the new home of my blog! I've finally gotten around to setting up everything for myself, no more Blogspot (not that they weren't gracious hosts). This blog runs a custom blogging engine built on Django, with django-taggit for tagging, and Disqus for comments. Hosting is graciously provided by the Steward of Gondor (Brian Rosner). Mike Malone has given me the domain (you can find the remnants of this domain's former glory here). I'll be migrating all my old posts here just as quickly as I can, for now enjoy the decor.here. There are view comments.