Now that the decades almost over (or maybe not, if the millennium started in 2001 did the decade start then as well?), it's time for a little year in review:
- Finished another year of school, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Went to PyCon, attended the language summit, gave a talk, had a blast.
- Got an iMac.
- Went to DjangoCon.eu, gave a talk, had a blast.
- Went to PyOhio, gave a talk, had a blast (starting to sense a trend?).
- Did GSOC again, this time working on a refactor of some of the ORM infrastructure for Django with an eye towards adding support for non-relational databases. It went pretty well, haven't started the merging yet though.
- Went to a conference on education, gave a talk, had a blast.
- Went to DjangoCon, wait for it... gave a talk, had a blast.
- Turned 20.
- Became a Django core developer.
- Increased my contributions to PyPy.
- Participated in the PyCon program committee.
- Said thank you to a few people who were absurdly deserving of it.
- Utterly failed at my attempt to blog once a week for a year, and then failed again at National Blog Post Month (aka NAMBLA).
I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of stuff, that's ok, it was a pretty good year either way. No predictions for 2011, just a hope that it'll kick some ass.